From: Onree [mailto:onree@xxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 1:14 PM
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Impossible to make 300 % profit

It is not possible to make 300 % profit. Profit can never exceed 100% and
profit percentage is defined as markup divided by selling price. Thus, if I
buy a carburetor for $10 and mark it up by $30 to sell it for $40, I have
made a profit of 75%. If I sell it for $20, I make a profit of only 50%.

The only way to even make 100% profit is if something costs you nothing. If
I find a carburetor lying in the street, and sell it for $20, or $40, or
$66, or $2955, my profit percentage is the same, 100% because the selling
price, whatever it may be, is all markup.

It is sure possible to have a 300% markup, but that is not the same as 300%
profit.

Onree

> on 9/1/04 5:39 AM, AMC74HORNET@xxxx at AMC74HORNET@xxxx did
write: