RE: [BaadAssGremlins] concord rear springs

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] concord rear springs

I got the new springs for my orange Hornet from Espo 2-3 months ago, I
agree with John that used springs are usually no better than the ones
you take out. I am not familiar with Eagles but it they do fit and have
the rubber isolators like the 79 Concord I got my rear out of they are
probably almost shot from the rust that accumulates between the rubber
and the spring. Also get new front spring eye bolts/bushing and a new
set of rear shackles and bushings are not a bad idea either. I went for
all of the above and also urethane bushings. I used urethane bushings in
my other Hornet a few years ago and am still happy with them to this
day. Save money where you can but this is not the place. Labor or money
paid for doing the job using used springs comes back to haunt you when
they are no better than the ones you replaced. My father used to say
cheap is dear.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---
Skip swapping used ones, as they are almost always
on the verge of shot anyway. Go to ESPO.com and
buy a new pair. If it isn't listed there, fear not-
they have them, so inquire.

John