Hornet V8 bolt-on upgrades Qs

I'm considering a few performance bolt-on
goodies for my new 73 Hornet 360/Auto, and in
looking at my parts stash, I've got some
questions.

Exhaust manifolds- I've got a pair of Hi-Flow
units off a Javelin, but I recall one side
won't fit in certain situations. Anyone know
for sure what issues arise?

Intake manifold- I've got an R4B, but I recall
it had a valley pan which is long gone. Do I
need it and if so, why? Is it a generic piece,
or must it be for the R4B?

Carbs- I'm partial to the old Carter 4v's, so
Edelbrock is my first choice for a 4-barrel.
Any recommendations for a bone-stock 360 with
the above changes?

Electronic ignition- Who makes the simplest
conversion? Is it worth the expense? Is it
relatively 'invisible'? I don't want an obvious
Mallory finned box and bright colored wires...
I prefer a stock-looking setup.

Shift-kit- Something to just tweak the A727 a
bit for harder, later shifting...not race-car
stuff, just a step up from stock.

Any suggestions to stealthily and cheaply build
a few more ponies would be nice. The magazines
of the era got 15.9, 16.6 and 16.8 respectively
in the 1/4 mile out of a similarly stock 360
Hornet in 73. If I could get her down to the
high 14s on street rubber, I'd be happy and done.

All suggestions welcome.

John