Hot, Tired & !@#$%^ Disgusted

Today is I was supposed to be Motorola free on my orange Hornet. Well I
am not Motorola free. The fan on the Delco that was supposed to bolt in
from Kennedy was 1/2 inch to larger in diameter and would not clear the
258 Motorola bracket. After calling Jeff at Kennedy American we tried to
see if the smaller fan from the Motorola would fit the Delco as Jeff
called me back after consulting with the company to see if swapping fans
would void my warranty. Well so much for that it won't interchange. Me
figuring that there would be a problem and no wanting to re-install the
Motorola that has a bad diode called for another rebuilt Motorola. It
took 1 1/2 hours to come. Now since the stock belt is slightly stretched
you can't tighten the alt. belt to the proper tension as the alt hits
the steering box because there is so little clearance even on a stock
car. Needless to say the car is still sitting in my friends shop not
together. He was short a man today and had 2 SUV's to put new
windshields in before the end of the day. Tomorrow we are going to
massage the steering box housing a little with a Dremel to get the
slight bit of clearance we need for proper belt tension. Hopefully this
!%^&*!@#$% Motorola alt will be the charm as the last 2 were no !@#$%^
good. I never had belt and alt clearance problems with the yellow car in
the 30 years I have had it. I am totally bummed and disgusted as tonight
is the local cruise and the weather is prefect for me and the wife to
go. I have part of the interior apart in the yellow car so I can't take
that. The only thing that did work out ok was the installation of the
new billet dash knobs with the JB-Weld I used to make the adapter
sleeves. These larger knobs look just in proportion, the other ones
were a little smaller and didn't look quite right. I think before the
wife comes home I am going to open a bottle of wine and have a few
glasses. I hope everyones else day went better than mine. My mechanic
friend said he is starting to hate this car.
'Doc"