RE: [BaadAssGremlins] JB 343

-----Original Message-----
From: amc74hornet [mailto:AMC74HORNET@xxxx]

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <badass73gremlin@xxxx> wrote:

> Yes thats him i loath John Bilwin
> Bart

I see he is now into a muscle car debate and another one as to
which came first the 2 seater AMX or the Javelin on the AMX Files.
"Doc"

Yea, I tried to educate him, but that brain is
rock-hard. He wants to use 'Muscle car' to wrap
every quick US car ever built with. He just called
a 4-door Pontiac Parisienne a Muscle Car! YEESH.

He won't accept that, like 'Sports Car' and
'Pony Car', there are specific criteria needed
to fit into the 'Muscle Car' class. And no
single car can be in two of these classes. The
best analogy I can give is that you can't call
Eminem 'black' just because he performs rap.
His skin color is one CRITERIA that doesn't fit
into the 'black' term.
Similarly, no matter how fast an AMX...or even
a Gremlin is, it isn't a Muscle Car. It can be
fast, it can be Muscular, and it is a car. But
it isn't intermediate sized, and it doesn't
seat 5. Therefore, it doesn't fit the original
definition.

Funny- he waves the 'Muscle' name all over, but
never calls a GTO a 'Sports Car'...why is that?
Can't be the criteria...he don't care about
criteria. And it is Sporty and a car! Hmmm...

Somehow, these facts are insulting to him.

John Rosa
www.JavelinAMX.com

P.S. I haven't thought about it much, but since
this is the B.A.Gremlins group, I have to guess
that V8 Gremlins come under 'Performance Sub-
Compacts', for lack of a cooler term (tho I'd
have applied 'Pocket Rockets' to them before
the Tuner craze started).

P.P.S.- Hi Bart!