Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Changing Doors

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Changing Doors

I would imagine sectioning in a piece of the Spirit door is the easiest
way to do the repair other than futzing with the Spirit window frame.
Save all the extra hardware from the Spirit door. You never know when
you will need it. Drivers side door latches especially have a habit of
going bad. I have put 2 in my yellow car in the last 30 years.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- All i am going to do with the spirit door is cut out a replacement
section to section into the stock door , and also as i removed the
side intursion beam, i noticed that the rear of the beam was brazed
with copper, also i noticed that the skin was thinner, which might
shave a pound off or so
             Justin

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> So what did you do to make the Spirit door fit properly. I don't see
> where the small bit of metal missing on the rear of the window frame
> could make a noticeably different in door weight?
> "Doc"

--- End Message ---