Re: [BaadAssGremlins] AMC Engines , to Roz (was: Re: New To Site)

From: "blue77gremlin" <blue77gremlin@xxxx>
Date: 2004/08/11 Wed PM 09:44:01 EDT
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] AMC Engines , to Roz (was: Re: New To Site)

Scott,that was beautiful man'sniff'i couldn't have said it any better :)
Bart
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, rozs86@xxxx wrote:
> I really don't need body parts. This Gremlin is in perfect shape.
Tiny bit
> of rust on the passenger side door. The interior is immaculate. My
husband is a
>  body tech and one of our best friends does interiors. So I guess
I'm kinda
> lucky. In this area it's hard to find a motor because the Jeeps
are for Mud
> Boggin. As a matter of fact Sunday we went to a local car show and
someone
> overheard talkin about it. The guys son-in-law had a mud jeep he
wanted to sell
> just to get it out of the yard. Motors like that had the crap beat
out of
> them.  Come to find out it is my husbands cousins jeep. I don't
know what to do.
> In  this area it's hard to find someone to rebuild it. This is
Chevy and Ford
> country. We got awhile yet, so I'll see. Thanks Roz in  PA

Hey ROZ,
  When I got my Gremlin a few months I said I would put a V8 in it.
The owner said, " A chevy?"
I said no probably an AMC. He said, " A chevy would be cheaper."
I told him he was probably right. I have chevy motor of all varities-
350 400 and also big block 396, 402 and 427 laying around. I still
thought I would go with an Amc V8. Well if you look around you will
find. I guy at work that mud bogs said he would sell his 360 with
forged pistons and another 360 with factory 4 barrel. He said he
would make me  a package deal. Last month I found this 71 Matador
with a 304 and only 50000 some miles on it. So you see it can be
found. That is what is fun to me is the hunt for the goodies. I'm a
believer of keeping the engine brand the same as the car. Anyone can
put a chevy in a gremlin a real car person would put an amc motor in
it. I talked to the mix at Kenosha and we talked about the problems
that evolve around the chevy in the amc car. Hey I was a die hard
chevy guy up untill a few years ago. At the Kenosha show I met a lot
of great people. That is one thing about AMC  cars- the owners are
pretty cool people. They are helpful and will do alot for you.
Well enough crap from me. Your car will be cool no matter what.
                                   SCOTT