Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Beer and fuel

Well we have the same crap fuels here in the NE. Beer on the other hand.....I like the small craft brews the best. My favorite is a small brewery in Brattleboro, VT called Mc Niel's. But when I am workin on the gremlin I drink Natural Ice it is only 12 bucks a 30 pack. 5.9% alc. too. Gotta drink the cheap stuff so I can afford the go fast parts( and the safety stuff too). A lotta beer went into building my gremmie so far.
 I was shopping with the wife today and we came up on a cherry Marlin. I gave him the thumbs up.

Onree <onree@xxxx> wrote:

on 8/8/04 6:04 AM, AMC74HORNET@xxxx at AMC74HORNET@xxxx did write:

     I haven't had a Pabst Blue Ribbon in over 30 years. I used to
drink that when I was in the Navy down south. It was very hard to find
here in N.Y. after I got out of the Navy. Also when funds were low we
drank Carlings Black Label, it was .25 cents for a 12 oz. can.

Best cheap beer I can remember was called Ertles (that doesn't look right--maybe Oertles) when I was in the Army in the sixties, stationed at Ft. Campbell Kentucky (Tennessee was just across the street from my barracks) Dollar a sixpack, $3.75/case. When I got out of the Army I put about 10 cases in the trunk of my '52 Hudson Hornet and took them home to Nebraska, where nobody liked it!!! That was fine, just left more for me.
     I know what you are saying Eddie about the different grades of
gasoline with their additives to supposedly help the environment. What a
crock. I just noticed a small sticker on the pump when I filled up the
orange Hornet last week that said that there was 10% ethanol in the gas.
I understand that it will deteriorate the rubber in older cars gas lines
and probably the rubber tip on the needle on your carb.

I've been using ethanol blend for almost twenty years, in my AMCs and in my other old cars and in my Maxima and Caravan, and Honda, and Saturn all bought new. Here in the corn belt it gets a state subsidy (to help the farmers, not the environment) which makes it about a nickel per gallon cheaper, and some stations don't even sell alcohol free gas. I haven't seen any ill effects from it. None. Zilch. Nada. Zip. Seems to help prevent gas line freeze. I don't know about MBTE and other stuff that they don't use round here, but I've had no trouble with ethanol blend. I did have to replace the fuel injector lines (about ten little short hoses) when the maxima had 170,000 miles, and some rubber hoses on the older cars too, but I remember deteriorating fuel lines even back in the early sixties--long before ethanol and more exotic  fuel additives.
Onree

The crew chief
on the Corvette that Little "E" crashed a few weeks ago said that the
new company supplying raceing fuel had added a percentage of ethanol to
the fuel and it cause the liner in the fuel cells to start to
disintergrate.
"Doc"

or selling a car.  FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used