Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Question

Terry,
 I would keep an ABC fire extinguisher next to the screwdriver just incase.
 But seriously, you should be fine. Enjoy the show. You may want to run some gumout carb cleaner thru the carb.
 Davis

twa1950@xxxx wrote:
Well, you guys are right my carb problem is the float. I came home and tightened the screws and taped on the carb. and the Gremmie started right up with no leaks. I drove it about 5 miles ran fine and still no leaks. I decided since I didn't clean him up last night I would tonight and make the rounds tomorrow night. Better car shows anyway. After cleaning him I decided to start him up again about 2 hours later. Started right up but after about a minute it started running rough and the carb was leaking. Tapped it with the screw driver it started running good and the carb stopped leaking. Question is do you think this will be something that clears up on its own or do you think I should quit driving him until I tear down the carb. and fix the float. My feeling is like Doc said just the lack of driving causes these problems and driving them tends to clear them up. If the carb. was away from the exhaust manifold I wouldn't give it a second thought. I would just keep the screwdriver handy and go on. Gas dripping on a hot manifold is no thrill for me though. Still think I will go with the handy screwdriver and hope it clears up on its own. Any thoughts. Again thanks Eddie and Doc.
Terry