Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Disgusted

The float/ needle is probably stuck you need to tap on the fuel bowl
with a wrench or somthing to jar it loose. Try that. Gaskets should not
be a problem. Your problem stems from non use.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---
I am like the guy that was on here before with being very disgusted with the
hobby. Put the water pump on the Gremlin weekend before and thought I had all
the mechanical fixed. The street rod nationals are here and I have been
anticipating them being here for a long time. Get into my Gremmie and ride around
the fairgrounds and show those 12,000 fanatics what a real classic car is like.
Will ride around the fairgrounds and show them a Gremlin. Went to my mothers
old house where I keep it in the garage and he started right up. I was going to
bring him home to shine him up. I got him home and smelled gas. Lifted the
hood and the damn carburetor is pouring gas out. Looks like it is coming out at
the bottom of the float bowl. The carb is not that old. I called around of
course the best I can find is one place said they could have one by Monday. Three
days too late. The price isn't bad $119. If I can find gaskets I am going to
try and put the one I took off him back on it for the weekend. Maybe I can
salvage Saturday but with my luck it won't happen. Maybe I should just get rid of
him and let someone who really enjoys working on them have fun. I love my
Gremmie and love to drive him and show him off but I am getting to old to work on
him. I just don't have the drive anymore. This just ticks me off the second
biggest car event of the summer and mine is sitting in the driveway. If I can't
getting him running tomorrow night I guess I will have to take my rice
burner. Actually while I can't put it in a show I am proud of my rice burner. I know
you all just got sick. 1992 Toyota Celica. On a scale of 1-10 I would give it
a 7. $800. Will I feel better now. Thanks for letting me vent. I know I am
not going to get rid of Gremmie. If I don't having him running this weekend I
will have him running by the time of the show in the park in Sept. That is the
big one for me, It just gets disgusting though.
Terry.

--part1_1f0.2723cecd.2e443bd6_boundary

<HTML>

<FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><HTML><FONT SIZE=2 PTSIZE=10 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">I am like the guy that was on here before with being very disgusted with the hobby. Put the water pump on the Gremlin weekend before and thought I had all the mechanical fixed. The street rod nationals are here and I have been anticipating them being here for a long time. Get into my Gremmie and ride around the fairgrounds and show those 12,000 fanatics what a real classic car is like. Will ride around the fairgrounds and show them a Gremlin. Went to my mothers old house where I keep it in the garage and he started right up. I was going to bring him home to shine him up. I got him home and smelled gas. Lifted the hood and the damn carburetor is pouring gas out. Looks like it is coming out at the bottom of the float bowl. The carb is not that old. I called around of course the best I can find is one place said they could have one by Monday. Three days too late. The price isn't bad
[...]
me, It just gets disgusting though.<BR>
Terry.&nbsp; <BR>
</FONT>

</HTML>
--part1_1f0.2723cecd.2e443bd6_boundary--

--- End Message ---