more progress

Well yesterday I went to Bill's and we fired up the rebuilt 360 in
the new Amc Team 79 spirit GT. We will be selling the 360 and rebuilt
TH400 so we wanted to get the engine running so people can hear it
before they buy it.
Then off to my place and we started welding in the 8 Pt roll cage
into my 72. It is alotta work hand fitting everything. Got the hoop
in and the 2 rear braces and one strut so I have 3 more points to
fit. I ran outta welding wire twice yesterday. I am going to get a
10LB spool instead of the 1lb today as soon as I finish typing. I
will spend the day working on finishing the cage then maby over to
Bill's to work on the Spirit some more. I already know we are gonna
need headlight shrouds as the ones we have are all busted up.
All for now.........off to get busy again!
Davis
P.S.
I talked to the original owner of my Gremlin last night! He said he
had a hard time selling it and was glad it was going to be saved. He
also couldn't believe it was all the way over in CT! He gave me what
he remembered of the history. He swapped it to a v-8 from a Junk yard
donner manny years ago. The swap was done for his 16 yr old son.
he drove it for 5 years then parked it.
The previous owner told me he also worked at the AMC dealer that he
bought the car from.
Really cool guy. I promised him pics as I proceed.