Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: beware of a e- bay scammer

From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxx>
Date: 2004/07/28 Wed PM 12:08:17 EDT
To: <BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: beware of a e- bay scammer

Tell the seller to send it FedEx, not USPS. The problem with USPS is they have a cutoff size of 84 inches. After that they pop you with surcharges out the wazoo. UPS does same and if oversize, like one of my 71-74 AMX/Jav front spoilers, even though box is only 10 pounds, you get hit with a 70 pound rate. So a box that would cost me $39-$43 to ship in the US (I'm using the abover spoiler as a example) suddenly blooms to $179 to ship to Canada by USPS, or $167 by UPS or $165 by FedEx. Thats for the Canooks.

So get with your seller and tell him to please take it over to FedEx, of which the shipping shuold be less than $20, depending on how he boxed them. Some folks use a refrigirator or matress box to ship a baseball for instance.

You also might be dealing with one of the problems on ebay where people will get pissed off that no one bid on their stuff and sold 'for way less than THEY thought it was worth' so they wait until auction was over then send you notice shipping is $1,364,980 for a $1 bolt. It don't take a AMC brain surgeon to figure out if they are getting cornholed either. Nothing justifies $48 in shipping for a set of doo rpanels, I have shipped 6 sets of them in the past year, and the most expensive was $26 to NY. And I flatten them out in boxes too. So my guess and that is all it is.....:~P is that the seller is pissed he didn't get more for them and extorsion is a last attempt to make up difference. Or...as mentioned before, he/she put them in a damned box so big it WILL cost $48 to ship them. so the box will have to be resized and vut down, not a big deal, takes minutes to do and retape. You have to get it under the 84 inches for USPS. If not, surcharges will apply and they are big in many cases. So ask him to possibly cut box size down, and/or take it as is to the nearest FedEx place, many are located in places like Kinko's, Office Depot, Office Max, and many free standing buildings in his/her town. Good luck....hope this helps....
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com
*Note volume of email is
moderate, expect
5 day responses

Case in point,a while back i scored a Sun triple guage set for 20$ brand new never used shipping was 25$ cough cough weeeze
Bart