Re: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Grille repair/Speaking of grills

From: Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxx>
Date: 2004/07/27 Tue PM 08:09:21 EDT
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Grille repair/Speaking of grills

A 76 Grille on a 73? Excuse me while I hurl.......................ok got that outta my system LOL
Seriously, the best stuff to use is Plastic Weld System. I get mine from Advanced Auto parts store. To prep for paint I sanded it with 400 grit, spotputtied the nicks, more sanding with 400, prime it with plastocote sandable primer filler, sand it again with 400, more spot puttieing, more sanding with 400. NOw you are ready to paint!
Took me over 6 hours.
Davis

Yeah riight holmes,the 76 grill looks awesome plus i don't hve the knowhow to piece together a 70-73 grill from 56 other grills like most early grem guys gotta do as those grills are A. non existant and B. when you find one their always busted or broked apart somehere...and C.i stupidly sold my 70-73 grill i had >:( oh and thanx for the tip Davis on preppin my ugly 76 grill :)
Bart