Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Patch Panels for a 77 Gremlin Quarter panels?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Patch Panels for a 77 Gremlin Quarter panels? Partial quarters?

Glad to help. Using the rusted out front fenders, (they all rust out on
the top) you can use the good part of a otherwise useless fender to
repair quarter panels. The later cars with the full plastic wheel well
do not rust out.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "amc74hornet"
<blue77gremlin@xxxx> wrote:
> > --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Olinger"
> > <olinger@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >      Is there any patch panels made for the quarter panels or
> > wheel
> > > wells for a 77 gremlin.
> > >                  Thanks
> >
> >  Steve,
> >    I bought my 77 Gremmie in april. I was told there was not
> > anything available in aftermarket. I am having the rust spots cut
> > out and new metal welded in. I stopped at the shop tonight and
they
> > were working on it. I might get ol blue in primer and back on the
> > road this summer yet.
> >                      SCOTT
>

> A trick is to use a Hornet or Gremlin front fender that is rusted
out on top for the rear quarter patch panel. Right front fernder for
the left rear and left front fender for the right rear. This gives
you the wheel well lip.
> "Doc"
Thanks for your responses. "DOC" thanks for the tip on the front
fenders as I can find some of them for donors. One great site with
lots of great people.
            Thanks
           Steve

--- End Message ---