Classic Car Sales

Most people that sell classic cars that they have restored have a half and half chance of getting their money back. The best deals are like Rod's with a project that has a lot of work done to it and has to sell it. You can usually pick up these cars cheap after someone has done a lot of the major work on them and just need to be finished up. And most times come with a load of parts too. My new orange Hornet looked like a deal with a nice clean body but was in some serious need of mechanical work. Luckily I had a lot of parts for the car in my garage but that clean looking 500$ car cost me so far 3-3,500$ on top of the 500$ I paid for it so far. It still needs the interior done and some rechromed bumpers and some other work mechanical work to make it a dependable cruiser and to make it really look sharp. Not counting I may have it painted. So the 500$ car turns out to be a car I may have 6,000$ in with a nice paint job. Who's going to give me my money back with a profit on this car? Not a snowballs chance in hell any one will. It's a labor of love for me. Besides anyone who has rebuilt an old car know's it is cheaper to start with a rust free car that need's mechanical work than one the needs both. But where can you get a nice driver for that amount of money and dare to be different. Look what them cookie cutter Mustangs and Camero's and Chevelle's are going for? You can't even get a good ricer for this price. I'm going to take the yellow one out for a drive this afternoon, I got 12,000$ in that one so far in the last 7-8 years.
"Doc"