Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Grem Update

Hey.......does this mean your going to give up your AMX?  I didn't know you were building a gremmie. Sounds like a nice car.
 I have started to install the frame connectors in my 72. I got the holes cut in the floor on the PS and bought some 2X2 box steel and have it cut to fit. Last night I put my mig welder together and practiced and I was impressed the welds came out very good for a newbie. I will have to sandblast the areas that I plan to weld. A little at a time, I will get her to the track soon!

 Davis

Plywoodchicken <petriew@xxxx> wrote:
Hey all,

I finally got my exhaust put on. Bought new tires for the front.
Plated it. DROVE IT!

I gotta say... Holy Expletive! I love it, I can't believe how it
pulls. My 28" meats on the back really hook well (for radials).
Must have something to do with my Torque Linx . Not even a
hint of wheel hop (even in reverse). It sounds MEAN with the
Flowmasters.

I do have some carb tuning to do. When I try to open up the four
barrels, its almost like its being starved and kind of "chudders".
Timing seems pretty good, so it must be fuel problem.

I'm the only Gremlin on the road in this city (300k people) that I
know of. I sure turn a lot of heads and get a lot of people
pointing. LOL, there have even been people staring open-mouthed as I
drove by them. It was great! Not surprising that I get these kind of
reactions, it bright Orange and mean, you just can't miss it.

Lots of people asks me questions and tell me how "I knew a guy that
used to have a purple one, and it was fast".

Of course, since I've only had it on the road for a day and a half, I
haven't seen one single ricer, Pity... Maybe the deep rumble coming
down the street scares them away like cockroaches.

Anyway, I'll try to post more pics soon.

For all you still working on your rides, Keep at it. Its well worth
the wait!

In case anyone is wondering what my setup is:

'72 Grem
360ci AMC mill
727 tranny w/shift improver kit and B&M StarShifter
Edelbrock Performer Intake
Holley 650cfm w/mechanical secondaries
Unidentified lumpy Camshaft
Hooker Hedders 1 5/8" dumping into 2.5" exhast and Flowmaster 50's
3.54 AMC20 Posi with Daytona 275R15 60s + Torque Links
Completely rebuilt Radiator

I have to order the proper speedo gear and get that hooked up so I
can see how fast I'm going. I have to hook up my tach as well.

I LOVE MY GREMLIN!

or selling a car. FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used