Parts & Minor Probelms

I discovered a minor tire run on the orange Hornet this morning when I turned it to full left lock on the rear of the left front fender. I took it back to the front end shop and with a minor adjustment of the strut bar it was fine. I then swapped the yellow car for the orange one so the disc brake conversion could be done. I decide to install my restored aougha horn in a nice shady spot in the driveway on the orange car and found out I needed a wrench that was in my son's car and he is at work. I drove to the front end shop which was 6 blocks away to borrow a wrench and I had a feeling that somthing was not right. The owner lost my cell phone no# and tried to call my house. Nobody was home. It turns out the 2 calipers I bought for the conversion were boxed wrong and were both lefts. Luckily I was able to exchange it for the proper one that was in stock but also boxed wrong. This parts guy will be so happy when I am done with all this work on both cars. Luckily this is a real parts man that can cross reference parts and no# even from companys that are out of business cause he still has all the paper books to do it and can read. He has saved my ass quite a few times in the last 4-6 weeks when other people in the same store said that a certain part was not available anywhere and he had it the next day or the day after. He has all the parts so I can have the rear brakes in the orange Hornet done next week at my friends shop. That is my last big job on both cars mechanicaly. I may pop for a rebulit starter, a timeing chain, new water pump and a brand new radiator on the orange car if I have the time before my friend closes up his shop, he is not sure on the date but it is about a month till he closes. The yellow car should be done late this afternoon. It will be the first time in the 30 years I have owned it that it has modern brakes and will stop properly. Say AMEN & AMC.
"Doc"