Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Bad Cams/My concord

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Bad Cams/My concord

Like everything else it has to wear out at some time depending on
maintaince and abuse. AMC V8's always seemed to have an oiling problem
of sorts so an upgrading of the oiling system should go along with the
cam upgrade along with some sort of anti-cam walk modification kit. That
is another problem with AMC V8's. I know that from personal experience,
oh do I know 1'st hand. Check out one of Davis's oil pump kits out and
there are others around too, and don't forget the cam walk mod. too.
Sounds like that Concord will make a nice driver, although some of those
low mileage cars are not all they are cracked up to be, and even those
rust free ones. I got a little over 2,500$ into my rust free 500$ orange
Hornet so far and I did a lot of my own work too. I figure this weeks
bill for the labor on the complete front end job and front brake job
with me supplying the parts is going to raise that a significant amount.
But where can you get a nice driver for my new estimate of 4,500$????,
the old estimate was 3,000 + the 500 I paid for the car. That includes
the new interior. You can't even buy a cheap throw away ricer for that.
I figured I paid 4,500$ for my yellow Hornet new in 74 during the gas
shortage including taxes and interest for a 3 year car loan. So I am
back where I started 30 years ago with a nice driver of the brand, model
that I like. Now for a set of bucket seats to put my old fat ass in the
orange car would be better than SEX!!!! Say AMEN & AMC!!!!
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- My 360 in my 71 gremlin was ticking rather loud upon further
inspecion we found the cam had a few lifters that were dished
out and the cam was wore. Has anyone else had problems with
amc cams? On a happer note my gremlin now has a cam upgrade
and the concords brakes are getting fixed. The concord is in great
shape(all the books even the cards for the dash controls,spare never
been used,lighter never been lit,and i found the build sheet.I think
it should make a good driver other specs on it are 1982 concord,258
auto,four door sedan,46,000 miles one owner.

--- End Message ---