Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Sad weekend for the Amc Team and gremlin fans

amc74hornet <AMC74HORNET@xxxx> wrote:

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Davis" wrote:
> Well gang,
> Unfortunatly the Amc Team Gremlin met its demise saturday on it's
> first run.
> Billy (the owner) and I met his Brother John there and John was to
> be the driver for the day. On the first run he went 10.62 @ 129.5 MPH
> Just over the finish line the left rear tire blew out and the car
> mad a hard left into the guard rail. Then flipped 8, thats right,
> EIGHT times before comming to a rest on it's roof. Fortunatly NHRA
> know's what they'r talkin about when it comes to safety. The roll bar
> held up and John un hooked the 5 point harness, dropped to the roof
> and was able to shimmy out the broken ds window. He was outta the car
> befor the rescue crew got there. They got him strapped to a board and
> into the ambulance.
> Then a fork truck came over and flipped the car back over. When it
> landed back upright the whole inside erupted in flames! They went
> through 4 fire extingushers trying to put it out with no luck and the
> fire truck was nowhere to be found! Finally it showed up and got it
> put out.
> John was taken to the hospital and turns out all he had was a small
> scratch on his chin and a small cut on his lip like if you
> accidentally bit it. Thank God for the safety equipment!
> I am definitly putting a roll bar in my car now!
> This was the gremlin I bought 15 years ago and built. Now it is gone
>
> Bill wants to give up but I am already working on him. He has a
> spirit drag car he is getting from his B inlaw in CAnada.Plan
> was to get the car and strip it or sell it but now I am trying to
> talk him into playing with it. He said he will never build another
> gremlin though. ( I offered him my 73 body)
>
> I posted a few pics
> A very sad,
> Davis

Man that was some crash, it's a amazeing the driver was not seriously injured. I saw a post on the AMX files about a Gremlin that crashed and somehow had a bad feeling it was you guy's car. Sorry, it dosen't look like there is anything salvagable there.
"Doc"

Doc,

 Thanks. There is a Spirit in the possible future If I can convince Bill to rebuild. He already said he won't build another gremlin. I am going to start a donation fund or we need to sell a shi% load of our High Performance oil pump kits!

 Davis
or selling a car. FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used