Sad weekend for the Amc Team and gremlin fans

Sad weekend for the Amc Team and gremlin fans

 Well gang,
Unfortunatly the Amc Team Gremlin met its demise saturday on it's
first run.
Billy (the owner) and I met his Brother John there and John was to
be the driver for the day. On the first run he went 10.62 @ 129.5 MPH
Just over the finish line the left rear tire blew out and the car
mad a hard left into the guard rail. Then flipped 8, thats right,
EIGHT times before comming to a rest on it's roof. Fortunatly NHRA
know's what they'r talkin about when it comes to safety. The roll bar
held up and John un hooked the 5 point harness, dropped to the roof
and was able to shimmy out the broken ds window. He was outta the car
befor the rescue crew got there. They got him strapped to a board and
into the ambulance.
Then a fork truck came over and flipped the car back over. When it
landed back upright the whole inside erupted in flames! They went
through 4 fire extingushers trying to put it out with no luck and the
fire truck was nowhere to be found! Finally it showed up and got it
put out.
John was taken to the hospital and turns out all he had was a small
scratch on his chin and a small cut on his lip like if you
accidentally bit it. Thank God for the safety equipment!
I am definitly putting a roll bar in my car now!
This was the gremlin I bought 15 years ago and built. Now it is gone

Bill wants to give up but I am already working on him. He has a
spirit drag car he is getting from his B inlaw in CAnada.Plan
was to get the car and strip it or sell it but now I am trying to
talk him into playing with it. He said he will never build another
gremlin though. ( I offered him my 73 body)

I posted a few pics
A very sad,
Davis