From: badass73gremlin@xxxx
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 9:02 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Hey Eddie/ rear Window Louver For A Humpster Javelin?

From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxx>
Date: 2004/05/20 Thu PM 08:31:09 EDT
To: <BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Eddie,why'd you sell such a cool 73 Hornet?and why did you sell the red death and that red humpster Jav?the AMX and Jav i still cannot believe you sold i know the guy you sold em to died a year or two back so whats became of them?
Bart

Yes a 77-78 AMX rear louvers will fit a 71-74 AMX/Jav but you wil have to
cut off the bottom two louvers. That is because the rear glass on the 71-74
is shorter than the 68-70 AMX/Jav glass. A 77-78 AMX rear louvers fits great
on those, here is a photo fo ym old 68 AMX "The Red Death" sporting a set
onf them. I sold her a few years ago for $3000.
The 74 Hornet is a 304V8 hatchback, bought for $150, had earl scheib paint
it when he was drunk for $250, and I applied the painted on stripe kit, sold
that car to a lady for $1000, sure was a fun sled, it is still around too,
she still drives it daily. Of, those 77-78 AMX louvers are tough to find,
and good metal as opposed to some of the flimsy crap some used to sell like
J. C. Whitney. Those originals ones usually command about $150/cheap to
$400/high a set. The flimsy tin type are supposed to clip under the chrome,
but the problem with that is they vibrate. The original 77-78 ones do notas
they are thick metal. Good luck, as I personally like louvers on back of my
AMC's as it helps keep the heat out and also keeps the impossible hard to
find soft, and hard, interior plastics from getting destroyed by the sun,
also helps the carpet, especially cut pile carpet, from turning to dust. Oh,
the 77 white AMX in the background had a 401V8 in it, we drove the hell out
of it, nice car, sold it 4 years ago for $1000. The fellow who bought it
only wanted the 401/727 out of it as a 'dono' for one of his 73 AMXs.
Welll.......
after driving it daily for a week or so 80 miles round trip to NASA wherehe
worked, he decided to leave it alone and restore it some more! Go Hornet!
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com