Re: [BaadAssGremlins] First post from Bruce J :building the Gremlin

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] First post from Bruce J :building the Gremlin

Bruce,
Sounds interesting as I am also building up a 258 in my one owner 74X.
                                                                                           Hal

magicalbus2004 <magicalbus2004@xxxx> wrote:
Okay the foram's down it's late, got bored,Then I found this. It
seems This is the place that is much more speacialized to what I'm
doing. I've got a 74 gremlin X that the previous ownner bought  10-
15+? years ago it was unmolested,But the Guy parked it out side. It
was a car bought new for a tigard(Oregon) high school cheer leader it
had the usaual digs asssociated with a teen age driver but an ongoing
collony of mice and a squirle or two distroyed a restorable car. So I
bought it cheep and soon after loged on and lucked out to get a 77
Hornet AMX in fair shape soon after. So now the gremlin has front
disk brakes with lowering blocks, a ford 4spd, an extra posirear end
and a 258 I had done .040 over, milled for 11.5 to one, and ballanced
with oversized valves(FORD/CHEVY), and my own porting.I'm building a
steet racer. Don't get me wrong I WILL not be racing people on the
street. I just want a fun and very safe sports car with the stiffness
only a unibody with frame connectors and a full roll cage can
deliver.Kerkey seats will be delivered this week their mounts will be
welded to the roll bar kit I got from Chris's . I hate carpet but
also noise, so all the holes in the pan were welded and coverd with
cross linked glass fabric and epoxy. The hump got a further covering
of kevlar/carbon twill, and the rest of the floor pan , a final layer
of carbon cloth/ epoxy. the carbon/kevlar turns out to be a curious
overall color( from a distance) a kind of dark lime green metalic, so
I think that will be the overall color of the car( maybe with dragon
scales) The male mold for the composite front end is nearly compleat.
It has a 74 grem hump hood with 78 hor fenders grem grill and head
lights, turn sigs mounted below. nostrals like a javelin only forward
and and a brand new spoiler blending in to fender flares. pictures
seem to be easyly posted on this sight so i will be posting soon just
want to get te rest of the carbon fiber layed in the pan and primer
on the front end plug. I will be selling a few front ends off the
mold, Mine will be epoxy glass with some carbon/kevlar
panels.Priceing is still to be determined(time will tell). The first
Female molds to be made Will be pulled of the front plug and adapted
to make rear fender flairs in epoxy/glass that can be bonded to the
rear fenders. More later. Bruce J.

Do you Yahoo!?