Re: If it ain't one thing............

I don't want to start a heavy discussion here, but...the place where
I took my block to have work done is an older reliable place here in
the city. Their name has "Auto Parts" in it, and they have been in
business > 50 years with a good reputation. Anyway, I trusted the man
to order all the right stuff for my engine. I should have gotten a
clue when he told me that the rings I ordered were indeed Moly rings,
and when I checked the part number they were cast rings. Anyway, when
I asked him about the 6 vs. 8 cylinder bearings, he said, well, they
are the same size. I told him, yes, they were, but that it still left
me with 2 pistons short of parts. When I went and picked up the 2
other sets, he did not apologize and I did not ask if I owed him
anything for them. I didn't pay, he didn't ask, so I took them and
left. Sad to think that we have to count behind everyone and check
everything twice, but you are right - we do. Reminds me of when I was
in a grocery store, buying candy for my son: the sign read '3 for
$1.69'. When the wrapper would not scan the price of one candy bar,
the cash register operator asked me to look over at the candy stand
for the price. I told her '3 for 1.69'. She looked at me with a blank
stare and asked, 'how much is that for one?' Jokingly, I said, " .25
cents" and by golly, she rang it up that way! Sometimes you are the
bug, other times you are the windshield I guess! -Lu-
BTW, I now have all the pistons installed! :-)
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes"
<eddiestakes@xxxx> wrote:
> Doc is right, everything from simple everyday things like going to
say, Wal Mart and they scan the item and price is not what it was
advertised back in the aisle or flyer, or stopping at McDonalds of
Taco Cabana and drive 50+ miles only to discover they forgot a taco
or gave you different order or no hash browns. I am lucky here with
the auto parts stores however, they are able to pull all sorts of
things out of the woodwork for me, but might be because there are a
number of other places fighting for business they go the extra mile
too. Good luck,
> Eddi eStakes

world today. You have to check everything twice to make sure you get
the right parts. That's why I go to mainly one auto parts store and
deal with only 2 people there, one is a biker and the other is a
sports car guy. I think they find it a challenge to find AMC parts
for me. I was just there yesterday haveing the rest of the front end
and front brakes parts located so next month I can just order
everything at once and drop the car off at my friends shop and say DO
IT!!! "Doc"