If it ain't one thing............

Well, time for a (S-L-O-W) progress update on the 360 assembly:
Started to finish assembling the short block last evening, now that
the rain humidity has cooked off for a few days. As all the piston
rings were positioned, and rod bearings were being installed, a funny
feeling crept over me. Was I seeing things? Rubbing my eyes and
blinking didn't help - yes it was true - the bearing box only had
enough in there for 6 rods. Wait, had I misplaced something? Nope,
the box and bearings were sealed in plastic when I opened it. There
was no other box of bearings floating around. Okay...so I check the
part number on the box and discover that the bastard at the machine
shop has sold me a set of bearings for a 6 cylinder engine! After
jumping up & down and cursing the poor man, I look at the tech.
manual and discover that the bearings for the 6 & 8 rods are the same
size - whew, at least I don't have to take out the ones that I have
already installed in the block! I finish installing the 6th piston in
the block and once again, put it to bed.
After discussing my dissapointment with his lack of ability to count
to 8, the man at the shop told me that he would have the extra
bearings waiting for me today. This should be fun.
My thanks again to John - you are a generous man with your time,
attention, and patience! -Lu-