Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Cable Shifter Tip

Doc,
 Thanks but the B&M cable is a plastic sheath and my engine has an excellent ground strap already.Ii was just dumb and forgot to zip tie the cable away from the header.
 Davis

amc74hornet <AMC74HORNET@xxxx> wrote:
I was told this a few years ago from my trans man. He said that anyone useing a cable shifter should make sure the engine is grounded properly. He told me depending on what the cable and outer cable sheath is made of if both are metal a poor ground between the engine and the chassis would cause the shifter cable and sheath to become the ground and weld itself together. Besides it wouldn't hurt to have a really good engine to chassis ground anyway.
"Doc"