(no subject)

Spent time in the garage today. I cut pieces of cardboard and taped them together to mock up a fuel tank. It actually fits the Gremlin pretty good. Once I determine where the fuel line connection willgo, I'll take it to a shop and have one made of metal. The shape is a little complex so I'm hoping they won't charge me an arm and a leg.

Tomorrow, I plan on prepping the interior sail panels to get them ready for body filler. There are a couple of rough areas from when I pieced them together after chopping the top. When I'm done, I'll make patterns of the recessed areas and use them to cut walnut veneer inserts. I've already cut veneer to fit the instrument panel and glove box surround. These pieces will get a cherry stain and several coats of clear.

Rick