< Toys > T-jet Johnny Lightnings purple & white Javelin shows up surplus

< Toys > T-jet Johnny Lightnings purple & white Javelin shows up surplus...

 I was birthday shopping at the mall for my wife, and
"on a whim" ( yeah, right! LOL ) I stopped in the
Kay-Bee toy store to check out their JL stuff. Not
much in the standard red blisters, but on an end aisle
rack, I noticed a familiar blue-and-yellow
box...Johnny Lightning T-jets! Haven't seen THOSE in
well over a year now, since the Dollar Tree was
selling them. I quickly moved to check them out. They
didn't have many, maybe 20, but I DID find a purple
and white Javelin! I snapped that one up, and bought a
Ford Mustang Fastback for a co-worker. They were the
typical 3-for-$5 K-B price, but I didn't see another
one I wanted, other than a green '57 Chevy Nomad, and
I KNOW I have more than a few of those already...so I
saved a buck more for Carlisle and just got the 2. :D
So it looks like maybe the T-jet cars will be showing
up soon(er or later ) in the K-B stores. I didn't get
the 2nd wave, or not much of it. I KNOW I didnt' get
any red/white/blue Javelins, so if they're finally
showing up surplus , I may get my shot at a few of
them. K-B seems to be a great place to pick up
diecasts after they've passed popularity and release
stages, and are on the rebound thru K-B stores. That's
the only reason I ever got any red/white/blue Rumblur
wagons, as I NEVER saw them any other place except
lately at the K-B stores. I have plenty now, though.
:)
Well, I'm ready for my 3-day weekend, starting
tonight, so I'll be doing some car titling and
retagging tomorrow at the local DMV, get some stuff
ready for Carlisle, and maybe get my bicycle tuned up
for next weekend at a local shop. I don't have time or
expertise now to fix the darn thing as quickly as I'd
like to myself. But anyhow, a 3-day weekend, even if
it means a day's pay lost, is a welcome change-of-pace
from the frantic shipping frenzy we were in the first
3 months of this year. Hopefully this lull will be
over quickly.
Well, that's all for now, my toy report is over.
HOpe to have LOTS to report from Carlisle on Sunday.
AMc ya,

Jerry