JB Weld / I tried It Yesterday

I used the JB Weld yesterday to glue 2 pieces of 3/16 "X 1" metal
together one was aluminum and the other was steel. I scuffed both pieces
with 80# sand paper poped them clamped into my dehydrator for 4 hours at
130 degrees. When I pulled them out after letting them cool I tried to
pull them apart and couldn't. I figured 4 hours at 130 degrees was the
equilivant of air drying over night. Today I will continue makeing the
rest of the bracket and glue the next piece on. This bracket is turning
out so well I may just add a few pop rivets to where I JB'd the pieces
together to make sure they don't come apart and paint it and use it as
the actual bracket instead of useing it as a proprotype. As for repairs
on hard plastic I think I will just stick to my Plastic Welding System 2
part epoxy, but will test the JB Weld on one of the original tan kick
panel out of the new Hornet that is cracked arounf the mounting holes
for the package tray. The kick panel is made out of soft plastic. I have
a mint black set out of a Gremlin that I am going to use in the new
Hornet so if the JB dosent work it's no big deal and I will toss the
part, if it does i'll keep it and give it to anyone who needs one.
"Doc"