Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 3:56 AM
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Rain, Rain, Rain

It's almost like a Hurricane outside right now and going to rain for the
next 3-4 days. My wife sure picked a bad week to take oneof her
vacation weeks. I havent worked on the dash for 3 days as I needed a
break from it. I spent yesterday afternoon after comeing home from lunch
with my wife working on the manual choke conversion for the new Hornet.
Naturally as my oldest son say's about me I can never leave anything
alone and have to improve it. The shaft in the choke housing supply'd in
the kit was to sloppy for me so I made 2 aluminum shims to tighten it
up. The bracket for holding the choke cable that came with the kit is
totally unaceptable so I am going to have to design and fabricate
another one. I can't even use the design like the one I madefor the
yellow Hornet 25 years ago because I have a Holley carb on that car and
have the Carter on the new car. Thanks to Lu who sent me the old carb
from her Gremlin I can make the bracket inside out of the rain without
haveing to lay up the car. The weekend I catch some decent weather i'll
give the carb a rebuild and install the manual choke.
"Doc"