The final Eagles (was fender wanted)

No, this was for the Eagle series station wagons 4X4s only. Not the Eagle
Premier and Medallion series. Boy, there are sure a lot of those Premiers in
junkyards here, never see a Medallion however, those are on my 'future
collectible' list, rare car, very luxurious, but did not sell worth a crap.
Chrysler was adamant to get rid of another car company's legacy. And many of
the parts too. You have seen me write about whole dealer inventories
bulldozed, sadly this is what happened. The cars, 88 Eagles, were
continuation cars. Continuations as in orders already placed. Some will tell
you that Mopar 'emptied out the parts bins' on these final few, I don't
think that was the case, remember, these cars were $12,000+, and on top of
that, you had a LOT of negative publicity concerning the downfall of AMC in
the press at the time too. Chrysler wanted the Jeep only and to hell with
the rest. They did however keep the Premier for a few years but Medallion
was DOA. Don't believe some of what you might have read thru the years about
'a marriage' of AMC & Chrysler. It was a marriage made in hell, and i have
always referred to it as a hostile takeover. Funny that it was deja vu when
DamlierBenz turned around and did the same thing to Chrysler years later and
now we are seeing that play out in courts on both sides of the world.
Kerkorian has deep pockets and he also has a case as a major shareholder of
DCX to show that they wanted to relegate Chrysler to a 'division' all along,
not a 'marriage of equals' as it was played out to be when first happened.
Another story, we will see where that goes.

If you ever have a chance to buy a 87/88 Eagle wagon, do it, they are very
luxurious. And you will have a piece of history. Paige's 88 Eagle wagon is
shown here, nice car we drive daily, not sure if the baby seats are shown in
the car though. Note the 79-80 AMX grill and the roof luggage rack delete. I
bought this from original owner here who works at Archer Jeep, formerly
Archer Rambler/AMC/Jeep/Eagle on the SW freeway here, it is still there
since the 40s, really big dealership too.

I do not know if the very last real AMC Eagle to fly still exists. It would
be really easy to ID however as the last digits of the VIN would sadly
read.....2306. Paige's car above is 0100; the hundredth built of 2306. I
wonder what number the fellow below's Eagle is, I should have asked!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
www.planethoustonamx.com