Re: [BaadAssGremlins] One Step Foward & Two Steps Back

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] One Step Foward & Two Steps Back

Doc,
 Things are atleast moving along. Look back at how far you have come. it was only months ago that you didn't even have the hornet to fix up. I think it was good therapy for you for the winter. Thanks for the offer on the dash part but I ended up using the one that was in the car. It has a broken tab where the top right screw it so I installed the gauges where the top vent opening is. I have a nice one to use if I ever change the location.
 Like I said beore Shite happens look at what happened to me yesterday. I came so far actually got it running and it took me a giant step back.
 All I can do is save my money and shrug my shoulders.
 Hope your haveing a good morning
 Davis

AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
I know but it is fustrating and is putting my scheduel behind. I was
hopeing to get all the dash parts in by mid month. Now I have an extra
weeks worth of work to do besides starting a week late so now I am 2
weeks behind. The main probllem is now with paint cureing once
everything is painted. Enamel is a slow cureig paint. The smaller parts
I bake in a dehydrator and even enamel is cured in 2-3 days tops. While
the dash's paint cures I have a lot of small interior plastic parts to
repair and dye black but I want to see some progress on the car itself
and also need the storage space the dash and all the related parts are
takeing up in the house. I just spent 2 1/2 hours working on the dash
and will continue the rest of the day. By tonight all the repairs and
additional  re-enforcement will be done and then it is off to the
primeing and painting. Oh well brake over time to go back to work. I ran
all my errands and got my shot at the Dr's yesterday so I have the whole
day today to whip the dash frame into shape. I hope the wife goes out
with her girlfriend this afternoon so I can work in peace while I watch
the Bush Race from Texas.Good luck with the gauge panel. If you want I
have a butchered center gauge panel that was chopped up to install an
aftermarket radio you can have. Other than the chopped out part for the
radio the only other problem is the very top above the A/C duct is
broken off but I have the piece. This plastic is glueable with the
Plastic Welding System epoxy.
"Doc"