Good day at the Model Train show...got some AMX's

Good day at the Model Train show...got some AMX's

 I carpooled up with 5 other guys today to a big
show in Maryland, and was rewarded with some good
finds, the best in my opinion was only 15 minutes
after I walked in the door and started on The Hunt, I
found a box of diecast cars, used, and up in the very
front of the box tray was a gold AMX by Playart. Very
nice shape, minor chips, good color, and ONLY $3. I
almost got whiplash pulling out my wallet. LOL. I also
found a Playart Camaro SS, so that will go to my
favorite auction for profit taking ( also only $3 ).
Found a Husky Olds Starfire coupe, I'll keep that one
, though.
Found a few of the Tyco Auto Loader train cars
with '68 AMX and '68 Camaro cars, two of them...bought
one for $12, left the other at $20. Found a tri-level
auto loader with all 12 cars, for $15, HO scale, so I
bought that. Not much else automobile related, I
bought alot of HO and N gauge train cars with
red/white/blue paint schemes, a bunch of them are
Bangor and Aroostock line, all box cars. There was an
Athearn box car with a "Share in Freedom" theme from
Northern Pacific, it had a slanted red/white/blue
paint scheme...perfect for the AMX/SS conversion I
want to do to it , label-wise. I want to relabel the
cars with AMC model car names, of which Gremlin,
Hornet, Javelin, AMX, Spirit and Pacer will be among
them. :) another train car had a horizontal scheme
R/W/B with Johnson ( wax ) on it. So I have enough
cars to start my AMC Railroad with in both N and HO
scales. Not a bad day at all! I was tired by noon,
though, I had to go put my first wave of purchases in
the car I had so many "deals" hanging off of me.
Didn't do as much buying after lunch, I DID find some
Monopoly-themed HO cars, and bought a set minus engine
for $35. I want to build a Monopoly town in HO scale
in the future, and this was the first time I'd found
any train-related items. I will use the Johnny
Lightning cars on it, of course. LOL.
So, after the show, we went to an Irish pub and had
dinner and quaffed a few pints, then headed home. I-95
was screwed up as usual, so we took detours to bypass
the traffic. Fun all around there. SO now I"m home and
planning on some rest tonight to recuperate. I should
have stayed home today and fixed the Toyota truck,
which broke on me Thursday, but I wanted to go, and
had my old '74 Chevy truck running , so I said Heck
with it, I'm going! I may regret it ,but I'll take
that chance. :) I wouldn't have gotten that AMX if I
had missed the show! I'm glad I went, got to do some
male bonding and have fun after a stressful (work)
week, so it was good for me. Hope ya'll are having as
good a weekend. Later,

Jerry Casper