Rare AMX toy!

Not mine, but what probably in my top ten AMC collectible toys from the
1960s. These simply rock. Made by Kenner, you could hold a flashlight and
focus the light on the top of the car which had two tiny solar powered
cells. And the car would go! Remember, this was 30-something years ago
folks, very hi tech stuff for the 1960s, especially in toys. My dad, Homer
T. Stakes Sr, who is 76 now, brought home two of them, one for me and one
for Tommy. Tommy's flashlight had some issues and he used mine. I *STILL*
have my original Kenner Light Beam powered AMX in a cabinet here at the
house. The hood is missing, but has all tires and the solar things are long
since glazed over. But it sits there proudly to remind me of my youth 35
years ago. I have a NOS set I bought off ebay several years ago too just
like this set that is on there now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3184885261&ca tegory=719

There was also a sister car to the Light Beam AMX, which was a Dodge
Charger. But for those of you who collect stuff like this, the price right
now is a bargain. Rarely will you see them on ebay and I have never seen a
set for sale at any of the nationals or regionals. These usually top out at
$250-$350, but again, if you are a serious toy collector, this is mandatory
for your collection especially the whole shebang NOS in box, that is
extremely rare! Good luck, it ain't mine, I have a NOS one already and my
original one too, don't need no mo!
Eddie Stakes' Planet Houston AMX