Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Davis' Rear End

Lu,
 Very good. You are correct! It is a 9" out of a 70 mustang. Any 65 to 70 mustang 9" rear is a direct swap. It fits like it was always there. It is a 28 spline. It was a 2.73:1 gear open rear. Now it is a 4.56:1 rear with a Mini Spool. Next year I will get a set of Moser Axels for it and I will move up to 31 spline as I have a 31 spline trac loc posi unit for it. I got this rear out of a yard about 90 min from me for 100.00 and they pulled it for me. I sandblasted it and painted it with SEM rust controll. added new brake lines and new wheel cyl. and new brakes. When I changed to the 456 w/spool I also replaced the pinion bearings with new ones.
  I got nowhere with the USPS on the rods I sent you. Did you ever recieve them? If not I have another set I can ship out to you FEDEX ground.
 Exciting getting things together isn't it ?
 Davis

lumina333 <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
Davis, It looks like you are using a non-AMC rear end in the black
Gremmie. Looks like a 9" Ford. What did it come out of? Did you have
to shorten the housing tubes & axles? Is it a 28 or 31 spline? -Lu-