Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 5:55 AM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re:Got the engine to turn over by starter!!!

It seems like I spend more time clearing and cleaning out the garagethan actually working on the Gremlin. Anytime the garage door is raised, the wind blows in massive amounts of leaves left over from last fall.

Unfortunately, I have not finished the fuel tank mock-up. Most recently, I have spent time on trim pieces trying to get them prepared for paint. The rails that hold up the headliner on each side of the interior had to be lengthened about 18 inches. It wasn't easy welding the thin metal, but I got it done.

Another thing I'll have to work on is the heater control valve. I had installed a hose nipple in order to run the heater hose from the back of the intake to the water pump. It was fine for getting the engine running. NowI need to install the control valve I bought from Kennedy American. The problem is the size of the valve. There is not enough clearence next to the firewall to spin the valve around to screw it into the intake. I guess I'll try to remove the bolts from the rear transmission mount and see if I can get the clearence I need when the transmission is jacked up.

It doesn't look like I'll get a chance to work on it this weekend. Iam taking off Friday to take the wife out to Austin to visit her sisters fora couple of days. Hopefully, I can schedule some vacation soon. Ihave three weeks to take between now and May 31 or I could loose any unused days. Then on June 1, I'll get 5 more weeks to take over the next year. When I do take vacation, I hope to get it ready for the paint shop.

Ya'll take care............

Rick