Re: German Parts

I liked the product he was offering and was unable to find it in the
states. There may be some around, but his seemed closest to original
stock - not the glue on type, but having the spring loaded clip built
inside. Shipping ran around $15 and it took about a month to get it.
Of course, that was before I took advantage of the Gremlin parts
locator folks on this list; someone will probably now tell me of an
identical part in Georgia for 1/2 the money! LOL -Lu-

> > > http://www.amxfiles.com/archive/show.cfm?postid=87209&row=7
>
> What was the reason for buying the gasket from him in Germany?
availability? price? also what was the shipping and time frame from
order to delivery. He is trying to sell some brake rotors on the AMX
files. I would think the price of shipping somthing so heavey would
make them as or more expensive than if you bought them state side.
One of the first things I repaired on my new Hornet was to replace
the bad hatch gasket, I bought it from Kennedy American. It cost 54$
includeing shipping and I got it in 4-5 days. Of course this was
somthing I needed imediately as the car sits outside and winter was
almost here when I bought it. Last year I got involved in a trade
through someone in Texas for Rebel Machine Model the Texan bought it
on eBay from a guy in Switzerland. I traded a 62 Chrysler 300 model
for the Machine to the Texan. The Machine Model was being shipped
directly to me from Switzerland. It took a month for the Machine
model to arrive. I am leary about buying from over seas as I have had
enough trouble with things getting lost or broken from Canada in the
last few months.