Dash Resto Work Today

I epoxy'ed the piece of plexi bar on the underside of the inst. panel side of the dash early this morning removeing 99% of the warp. After it dry'd I spent 3 hours sanding the outside of the dash. The lower portion that is under the crash pad where the glove box and inst. panel screw into. It appears some time in it's life this area was painted. Since I don't know what kind of paint was used or if the dash was sanded before it was painted I have to sand off all the old paint. The dash is to big to try to strip in a vat of Castrol Super Clean and if it was painted with Laquer CSC will not remove it. It is to large to try to strip with the 8$ a pint plastic stripper I use on my models, so sanding it is the only option here. If the paint that was used was enamel I will have a problem since I am useing a laquer primer which will react to the paint if it is enamel and curl up and seperate so I will have to sand and remove ever last spot of this paint. I have yet to test to see if the portion of the dash between the crash pad and the windshield has been also painted. It dosen't appear to have been but I will not know till I test it. If it has due to the vinal grain molded into the plastic it will be a real pain to strip and prep for paint.
"Doc"