Re: Intake Manifold Choices

Hey Lu, the carb pad height for the RPM is 5.11"and the performer is
4.85". Thats only .26" I don't think a quarter inch will make much
difference in hood clearance. You can make up that difference with
air filter height. However there is a difference in runner design and
how much air will flow. The RPM out flows the Performer in high RPM
situations (above 4500RPM). SOOO! how often will you be running above
4500 on the street? The performer should be fine for the street, BUT
for that occasional stoplight RICE BURNER lesson (well above 4500RPM)
I would opt for the RPM. Some time BIGGER is better.

22