last weekend's progress.

 Ok,
during the week I took out the gastank. Sanded it and painted it
with SEM rust controll. I emptied it out and let it air out. Saturday
I spend most of the day going from store to store to find fittings
for my 1/2 inch fuel line and special coated 5/16 tranny line, and
the right U joint for my newly shortened driveshaft. couldn't find
anything but the U joint, that will be in somtine today. Bill gave me
the shortened driveshaft, all welded up looks good.
so we got back to the Gremlin and got the starter and header
installed, what a pain, and I have the mini starter. I also finished
installing the traction bars. We installed the MSD distributor. I had
the wrong wire ends so I got new ends and Bill changed them over.
Sunday I brought my tank, 1/2" alum. fuel line and my original fuel
pick up to Bill's and we looked into where to install the new line.
No room on the pickup so I decided to put it in the tank with a bung.
Went to home depot, they didn't have the right 1/2" fittings. Went to
Nappa they had the correct fittings in a box of fittings not put out
yet. We used a 1/2" tubing bender and bent up a piece to go inside
the tank. Then I washed the tank out again, drilled the hole for the
brass fiting and rinsed it out again. Used red silicone sealer when
installing the fitting. Off to my house.
We put the tranny cross member in and Bill figured out what to
fabricate for a mount. It will be a solid 2" chunk of aluminium.
I cleaned under the car where the tank goes and painted it SEM rust
controll black. I removed the original fuel line, vapor line and
return lines. Installed the gas tank. Ran a new starter wire, mounted
the MSD pro coil, installed the oil fill tube. We figured out the
best place to mount the holley Blue fuel pump and mounted that. Then
we installed the new CE 3 way adjustable rear drag shocks. Plumed
the fuel pump to the gas tank. Bill took my holley 650 Dp home to
rebuild.
So I got alot done but I still have a long ways to go. I start work
tomorrow after being out since nov. So in a couple of weeks I will
have more $ for the gremlin but no time. I am hoping to fire it up in
2 weeks.
Thanks for reading my long post.
Davis