Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Plastic repair......

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Plastic repair......

Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
Gonna go off on a different subject.

I made a repair to the plastic shelf for my Gremlin using the two part epoxy you suggested. The repair was very solid and you could tell the epoxy adhered to the plastic very well. I don't think I'll have to worry about any failure.

However, the same epoxy didn't work so well for a repair to a piece of plastic from the rear hatch area. The trim piece is made from a different type of plastic than the shelf. It is more like the front kick panels instead of the dash. When I tried to make a repair, the epoxy didn't want to "bite" like it did on the shelf.

Instead of me having to go through the trial and error of experimenting with other products, have you ever repaired this type of plastic and what did you use?

Also, I think Lu mentioned something about having her 360 heads modified to accept the adjustable rockers instead of the bridge type assemblies. Anybody out there know the details involved with the transformation?

Rick

 Rick,

 I don't know about the plastic repair I will leave that for Doc.

 The heads need to be machined down where the bridged rockers mount and they need to be re drilled and taped. The valve guides need to be machined to accept the poly lock valve seals. It is alot of machine work so you are better off finding a set of the early pre 73 heads if you can. Then you can just bolt n go!

 Of course the best are the 1970  319291C part # heads. They have the adjustable rockers and have a 50.6 CC combustion chamber as apposed to the later style with 58 cc heads. So the '291C heads make for cheap higher compression.

 Davis