Re: door hinges

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Justin Angelli" <turbogremlin74@xxxx> wrote:
> I am in desprite need of rebuilt door hinges, or hinge rebuild kits.
> i have looked at autozone and hutchins, and they had nothin. so i
> was wondering if you guys know of a place where i could get them.
>
> Justin

Check out Eddie's Venders list. I believe Kennedy American has a hinge pin kit. I personally used a kit off the Help section at my local parts store. It was for GM's & Fords. Part no dhp-10b. It has bigger bushings and pins and can be installed by drilling out the holes in the hinges for the bigger bushings and pins. My hinges in the drivers door were so badly worn that the bushing was long gone and the hole in the hinge was worn oblong so I couldn't use an AMC bushing and pin anyway. I did this 6 years ago on all the hinges in the yellow Hornet and they are still as tight as the day I installed them. In this case Bigger Is Better.
"Doc"