Preporation Is The Key To Painting Success

Preporation Is The Key To Painting Success

I finished my paint job on my glove box door yeaterday. Thursday I stripped it and started to sand it with 320# sandpaper that took 3-4 hours. That factory paint was tough to get off. Friday I spent another 3 hours sanding it with more 320# and then 400# sandpaper. Saturday I primed it with 3 good cotes Plasticote laquer primer. Sunday sanded it again with 400# sandpaper and I sprayed on one one cote of flat black enamel and 3 cotes of gloss black enamel on it. I baked it in the dehydrator for 36 Hours and color sanded it with 600# sandpaper and sprayed on 2 thin cotes gloss black. Now I will bake it for 3-4 days and polish it out. The face of the ash tray is stripped and primed and ready for the same treatment today. I also tweeked the tac mounting bracket a touch to make it fit perfect. I still have o make a pigtail to wire it into the wireing harness with a plug connector. I installed the Hornet Bee Hood emblem too. It was such a beautiful day weather wise yesterday I took some pic's and just sat in the car for a while in the sun. It's hard to believe we are supposed to get 6-12 inches of snow later today and tonight. Oh well the snow is not starting till later this morning so I will get my errands done and pick me up another tube of the Plastic Welding System epoxy. I am 2 days behind on starting on the main dash frame restoration. I got a month to finish the rest of the dash parts for a mid-Aprl installation.
"Doc"