update # ? 4? 5 ? Any ways ........

Well,
This weekend went to put the tranny in. Had a real hard time gettin
the 10" converter to seat, that took a while. Went to put the tranny
in, DS header in the way. Had to take the header out. Put the tranny
up and started bolting it on, wouldn't seat into the block. Pulled it
back out and found the crank had a spacer for a TH400 *&^%&^#%^!.
This was from a standard tranny jeep I never thought the spacer
bushing would be there. Got a diegrinder out and as my air compressor
was taking it's last breath got the bushing out. Moment of silence
for the
compressor............................................................
..........Ok tranny mounted in nice now.
Went to put the header back in. Tranny is now in the way! No way was
I taking it back out! loosened the strut arm and bracket and slipped
the header back in. By this time my buddy had left and now I gotta
have a person wiggle the starter while I install the header. That was
saturday.
Sunday Measured the distance between the tranny and the rear yolk
and brought the drive shaft over Bill's. We cut it and took out the
required amount to make it 33" long. Now he is going to bring it to
his place for a Goverment Job :o)>
On the way back from Bill's I came accross a 1988 Jeep Comanchee
4 cyl 4spd for sale. No rot 6' bed, good tires, cap, new front
rotors and pads not installed yet. Took me for a ride in it. Runs
rough seems like it's running on 2 1/2 cyl. struck a deal to buy it
for 200.00 Bucks! I got it home thismorning. vaccuumed the sh*t outta
it cleaned the entire interior, opened the removable sunroof to air
it out. The rear DS and front blinker bulbs are blown. Took out the
spark plugs and the lok like they are the originals. 2 have NO
electrodes and the other 2 were full of carbon. It is a wonder it ran
at all. I am going to get the tune up parts and see how it runs. May
register it tomorrow. Then I will officially have an AMC daily
driver! O it has 148K miles on it and has a full new spare, and a
clarion pull out stereo.
I knoit's not in the gremlin family but it is the last year AMC
exhisted and it is still family. I won't post pics but I had to tell
you guys it may turn out to be a great deal. Now I am thinkin since
it is a 2wd .......360 727? :o)>
Davis