Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Good AMC day at the Toy Show locally...

All the die casts you could want are on e-bay from 1/18 to 1/64, I even got my 1/64 Gremlin today all the way from Holland. I have gotten two "Drag-on-Lady"s, three AMJX's and a super 53 vette. I am waiting on an AMX to come up now. Just be cautious and do not bid until you know how much you are willing to spend, getting into a biddig war is the pits. A lot of th Johnny Lightening gold cars and some "Bond"s also.

badass73gremlin@xxxx wrote:

From: Jerry Casper <gremlingts@xxxx>
Date: 2004/03/14 Sun PM 06:08:28 EST
To: baadassgremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Good AMC day at the Toy Show locally...

Hey Jerry great score on the AMC goodies so has anyone other than Jerry found that new gold Johnny Litening Javelin?and the JL Hornet i've only been able to find the American Glory version not the Bond or Monopoly version :( where ya finding all these goodies Jer??
Bart
   I noticed a small sign for a Toy show at a
firehouse while out and about yesterday, so went back
today to check it out. Wonderful! Lots of old and new
stuff, I got a bagful of goodies. Got two magazines
called " Toy Cars and Models " with a 2-page article
on Gremlin toys and models, both plastic kits and
diecasts. Bonus article on the Nash Metropolitan. I
have an extra copy , it's a June 2003 edition, if
anyone wants it for $5 plus shipping. Other articles
include special Mopar issue articles, Lil Red Express
truck, '49 Desoto station wagon ( on cover ),  and
Hotwheels spotlight on models, plus more.
   Other stuff I got at the show was a Javelin AMX
slot car, #3, red/white/blue, for $30. Plenty of AMC
slot cars, no Gremlins unfortunately, but Matadors,
AMXs, and Javelins aplenty, but of course prices were
, uh, pricey. I guess maybe not unreasonable. Saw a
red Gen 1 AMX for $60, rare color I think. I didn't
have the money to spend on that.
   Another find was one vendor had a bucket of old
hotwheels in bags, and I saw at LEAST 20 Warpaths, the
AMX II car, but he was HIGH, most started at $20, and
went up to $60 ( yikes! ). I didn't buy any from him,
needless to say. They were all in at least 7 condition
or better, so they weren't beaters, but still. Whew!
   I bought 3 beaters for $1 each, a HW motorcycle
called Chop Suey, a Ford Ranchero? type vehicle, and
an airport shuttle truck for my HO train airport
layout module. I rounded out my purchases with some
train stuff, an HO trolley and some N gauge rolling
stock and miniature autos, too. I think I probably
spent close to $80 total, but it was a good haul.
   I then went to Target on the way home, and found a
'69 Javelin. That was it, headed home to watch Dale
Jr. win the Atlanta race. A pretty good weekend,
toy-wise.

Jerry Casper