Six cylinder Intakes - What Do you Do ? -

Six cylinder Intakes - What Do you Do ? -

The BEST of the Six Cylinder Intake Manifolds
are those made from 1981 - 1986 by AMC>,

AMC / Renault spent a tremendous amount of
money Flow-Designing these - to create
equal amounts of flow per runner and to
flow more mixture at a stable temperature
than the earlier AMC Six Intake Manifolds.

These are Aluminum Alloy - water cooled units.

While planning out a Super Six engine -
for which I was to purchase a 4bb. Intake Manifold -

I came across a builders Interview - someone involved
with MOAB - that huge JEEP free for all Race - the
DAYTONA of Rock Crawlers & Desert Rats .

He builds JEEP Race Engines for a Living .

No - they do not use the aftermarket 4bbl. Manifolds.

These tend to 'Stall' the fuel delivery - as the Plenums
are usually big and the runners not Equi-Flo designed.

He adds a 4bbl. adapter plate to the - '81 - '86 AMC
manifolds - as this creates an 'Intake Venturi' effect -
keeping the charge sped up entering the manifold
runners . Looks like an Hour Glass when cross
sectioned.

Since the Manifold is kept cooled by the water jacket -
the charge stays at a constant temp. entering the
combustion chamber .

So - unless you're into Nostalgia Parts for some reason -
and crusty Cast Iron Intakes make it wet .....................

Upgrade your Six with the Hi - Perf Intake by AMC .

Brien.
NEW YORK

Message: 20