Re: One More Time

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, twa1950@xxxx wrote:
> Doc.
> I admire you for going to such detail on your cars. Wish I had the talent and patience that you do. I would love to see your cars in person someday. I bet they are a lot better than when they came out of the factory. Never seen that much quality control.
> Terry

I been a model car builder for 47 years, damn that dates me. I was 11 years old in 1957. Plastic and it's plastic that is somthing I know as well as AMC's. I learned to drive on my fathers 60 American in 1962. But I am not an expert on either. I have to admit I have learned a lot from my friends in the model groups on Yahoo that I have belong'd too in the last 4-5 years. I have applyed some of that plastic knowledge to AMC plastic interior parts restoration. I am useing all my plastic knowledge to restore the parts I have gotten from from all over the country to build a new dash. Rick has given me almost 3/4 of the parts I needed to do this job. Thanks man. I am a modifyer not a restorer. I try to make all the mods that I do look factory. That is why it took so long to make the Tac bracket. My cars are drivers not show cars, I just use the knowedge I have from building model cars to do the plastic on the new cars interior. Had the new Hornet out for a drive today, unfortunatey for a Dr's visit. I got bronkitus again for the 3rd time this year and only 2 weeks since the last bought. On a higher note I painted the glove box hinge when I got home and now I am going to sit and relax for 2 hours before the wife gets home from work and have a few glasses of my favorite wine. Tomorrow is another day for the metal glove box door's work since they are calling for a snow/rain thing tonight into tomorrow. I hate WINTER!!
"Doc"