Re: Taking the 360 Apart...

Thanks Davis. I have not taken the oil pan off yet. I am still
working in the heads. I will have to hook the engine back up on the
hoist, raise it up off the tire, drain the oil, and remove the pan.
Just trying to get a peek inside in order to figure out why the
engine is so frozen. -Lu-

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-
davis@xxxx> wrote:
> Lu,
> Excellent progress so far! That "bath tub" gasket is called a
Valley pan gasket when you go to order it. It is not included in the
rebuild gasket set. Try tapping the head in a few spots with a
plastic or other soft hammer, they should pop off. Be carefull they
don't fall on you! Have some one hold the head while you tap them.
They weigh 56 lbs each so they are not light.