Junkyard Finds/ Metro N.Y. Area

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jsteph22" <jsteph22@xxxx> wrote:
> Find any thing else interesting at the scrap yard? Sounds like you
> have an inside source on parts!--- In
> BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina3@xxxx> wrote:
> > Got my 360 V8 engine, transmission, drive shaft today from the
> donor
> > Matador. While I was at it, I also got: 3 outside driver's side
> > mirrors (2 chrome, 1 painted remote), a grille from a 76 Gremlin,
> > front kick plate panels (which I needed), a perfect headlamp bucket
> > from the 76 Grem, a ton of emblems from Concords, Eagles, Gremlins,
> > and Hornet. Sorry Doc, the only Hornet that still had its hood had
> > only the silver cup left in tact...no logo or bee picture inside
> it.
> > All the Gremlins were years 1975 - 1977, no earlier ones that I
> > found. Got a front bumper, 2 doors with good window regulators. The
> > engine came with all brackets, air cleaner covers, and power
> steering
> > pump, etc. The torque converter is locked up, so I am working on
> > trying to find out why so I can start taking the engine apart.

I haven't seen an AMC of any kind in a junk yard here in 10-15 years. There is a scrap metal yard down the road from me that one of the owners is an AMC guy and maybe you see 1 in there every few years that he has bought for parts for himself and sells a few to others like me but it's been a long time since I saw one there. You have to go north in a rural area to try to find anything around here.
"Doc"