Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 1:18 scale gremlins

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 1:18 scale gremlins

Hi Rick, concerning the development of AMC miniatures for Johnny Lightning
as you asked below from concept to actual time they arrive in stores is
about 1- 1 1/2 years.
The reason why is that all of the stuff is sent to China. Sort of hard to
describe but thye do a lot of it on computer and molds, then make a few,
send them over to PM and then either sent back to drawing board for say
minor changes, or details just are not right, or given the go ahead to
press.

One reason I was given by Playing Mantis that they like to pick certain
vehicles, that they can get a number of runs out of the mold. Such as the
AMX mold was used for almost 12 "different" miniatures. You has Drag On Lady
Series 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Service Merchandise SS/AMX, Dragsters USA SS/AMX,
Classic Golds in about 5 series, 68-69 AMXs, you get the picture. Same mold,
different paint and graphics.

Some are a more limited run, then are sourced out, like Mercury Cyclone. Not
a whole lot of things you can do with it. Wrong....you can make it into a
Incredible Hulk or Spider Man series, or vintage NASCAR, or you have a
company logo on it.

Speaking of which I wanted to have a JL AMX 71-72 special one down for the
Nationals we had in Houston in 2001. It used to be where you could get as
low as a production run as 5000, like the Buick GS club did with their
yellow "club only" cars you will not be able to buy anywhere except thru
their club to raise money for the club. But JL upped it to 12,500, and I
didn't have the money to do that, hell, I would STILL be trying to sell them
in Y3K.

Again, however the 74-76 Gremlin has a better chance of getting done, if it
happens, than the 70-73, and 0% chance for the 77-78. Happy Collecting,
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com