Re: Where to get door bushings?

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "deezildennis" <dsinks@xxxx> wrote:
> I assumed the Help Center at the local autozones would have them and
> they do but for non amc cars.
> Is there place to get these for my 1974?

I used this hinge pin/bushing kit from Perfect Parts part no# DHP-10B I believe it is for a Chevy or some GM. It has a bigger stonger hinge pin and bushing so it is not a direct replacement. You will have to drill out the part of the hinge to press in the larger bushings and also the other part of the hinge for the larger pin. If your hinges are worn so bad sometimes the hole is oblong in the hinge itself and the stock repacement bushings will not press in tight. I had that problem on my drivers door. The larger GM bushings fit just right after I re-drilled the hole. The first hinge took me an hour drill out everything and assemble it, but once I saw exactly how to do it the other 3 only took me 15 min. a piece. I guarantee the GM Bushings will never wear out. I did this 6 years ago on my yellow hornet that is driven almost daily. Previously I wore out 3 sets of stock AMC pins and bushings every 5-6 years in the drivers door. The new Hornet's hinges seem fine but when they need pins and bushings they will get the GM ones.
"Doc"